Saturday, September 5, 2009

-=Fall is in the air & I'm Lovin' It=-

Hi there everyone. Well the didn't take long for summer to pass us by. I've been so busy it's been pretty much a blur for me. The kids are heading back to school (woohoo)which means early morning walks with my pooch in the kewl crisp Autumn air and lots of beading!!!! I've a ton of work to get finished before the first week of November. I'm not sure how often I'll get to update my blog but I'll try my very best to keep you all informed on what I'm making, time/dates for the shows and hopefully a sneak peek of the projects as I complete each one.

I've recently finished a few projects which I've delivered to Crafts Council in St. John's here is a few photos:

To the right is a African Helix Necklace. Beaded in size 11 Miyuki Glass Seed Beads in transparent Capri blue and silver lined Capri blue for the spine. These necklaces are created on a form (I use a pencil) to create a tube. The long tube chain drapes beautifully around the neck... its just a gorgeous necklace. It is finished with a glass bead and peyote loop toggle.


This pair of beaded dreamcatcher earrings are approximately 3 1/2 inches in length. Beaded in size 15 Miyuki Glass Seed Beads with 1 inch twisted bugle beads in the fringe. The webbing is sterling silver 30 gauge wire with bead embellishments within the webbing. They are really stunning. Bead colours are matte red, matte white, platinum and black.


The final pair are a Traditional Style Earring beaded in size 15 Miyuki Glass Seed Beads with #1 Bugle Beads. The increase on the fringe makes these earrings very distinct. I've included in the fringe small pieces of porcupine quills. Bead colours are Cream, burnt silver lined orange, orange and transparent brown.

Well that's all for now folks, I must start my morning chores of cleaning up this house then I can break out my beads and plan my new projects. I'll be in touch with news, pics and much more. Thank you all again for your continued support. Take care!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like those traditional style ones( I like all of them) but those are my fav. this month) the orange really jumps out at you!

    ReplyDelete